Government Support for the Vulnerable



Covid-19: Support for vulnerable people in the UK

If you are a vulnerable person, you can sign up for support online. You can register yourself, or on behalf of someone else. This will help you to get food, shopping deliveries and additional care that you might need.

If you have received a letter from the Government or have one of the following conditions:

  • Have had a solid organ transplant.
  • Have any cancer and are getting chemotherapy.
  • Have lung cancer and are getting radical radiotherapy.
  • Have cancer of the blood or bone marrow, at any stage of treatment – for example, leukaemia, lymphoma or myeloma.
  • Have any cancer for which you’re getting immunotherapy or other continuing antibody treatments.
  • Have any cancer for which you’re getting a targeted treatment which can affect the immune system – for example, protein kinase inhibitors or PARP inhibitors.
  • Have had bone marrow or stem cell transplants in the last 6 months or are still taking immunosuppression drugs.
  • Have a severe respiratory condition – including cystic fibrosis, severe asthma or severe COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Have a rare disease or inborn error of metabolism that significantly increases your risk of infection – for example SCID or homozygous sickle cell.
  • Are getting an immunosuppression therapy that’s sufficient to significantly increase your risk of infection.
  • Are pregnant and have a significant congenital or acquired heart disease.

You should register online for support. But if you are not sure, speak to your local GP practice for advice.

Register for Government Support for Vulnerable people.

How to register:

Before you register it will be useful if you know your NHS Number, but you can still register without it.

  1. Click on the link: or search for coronavirus support on the website.
  1. Read the website to check that you are eligible to get support from the UK Government then press start now to sign up.
  1. Answer the online questions; they will ask you if you have a letter from the government telling you that you are a vulnerable person. (look above to check the following conditions)
  1. Enter your name and your date of birth.
  1. Enter your address and contact details.
  1. You will get an email or letter explaining what to do next/what support is available for you.

~ The HAWA Team

Help us to help others

Provide us with a donation.